WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM MY FIRST FLOAT SESSION?
**Please Arrive 10 Minutes Early For Paperwork And a Tour***
Parking is limited to 4 spaces. Please be courteous of others and pull all the way into the parking space.
1. It is recommended that you don’t shave at least a day before your float session as the salt water solution may sting.
2. To get the most out of your float session it is recommended that you not eat a large meal, have caffeine, or any alcoholic beverages at least a few hours before your float.
3. If you have recently colored your hair please wait 2 weeks before floating.
4. Floating is typically done in the nude to get the most out of your sensory deprived experience. No bathing suit is needed.
5. After placing in earplugs, you will be asked to shower before your float to remove any hair products, lotions and oils from your skin. You will also shower after your float to remove the epsom salts from your skin and hair.
6. After you get into the tank, close the lid and turn off the tank light soft music will continue to play for about 5 minutes and then softly fade out.
7. Lay back, relax and enjoy your float. It is helpful to concentrate on and come back to one’s breath, however the tank can be used for many things including brainstorming, creativity and inspiration and problem solving.
8. When your float is over music will softly fade in. Take your time, gather yourself, carefully step out of the tank, shower and dress.
9. Meet us back in the lobby and enjoy tea, water or a Slenderella Vitamin Drink.
10. Enjoy the rest of your day.
I HAVE CLAUSTROPHOBIA, SHOULD I FLOAT?
Many of our claustrophobic clients report no issues in the tank. It is much like closing ones eyes right before bed. Simple and peaceful.
HOW IS YOUR TANK WATER CLEANED?
The water in our Float Pod is mostly salt—a solution which is inherently sterile. After each float, and anytime the Pod is not in use, a multi level purification system purifies the water. We daily test our water for cleanliness and sanitation and if needed we add a hydrogen peroxide solution.
Between each session every Float Pod’s water is completely purified with a 5-micron filter and both Ozone and UV Light technology to purify and disinfect the water.
We utilize both UV (ultraviolet) and Ozone treatment in our Float Pod, both of which run after each float session.
It has been found that Ozone is 50 times more powerful than chlorine, while also killing bacteria 3,000 times faster than it. Ozone eliminates bacteria, mold and yeast, as well as organic material and viruses—while not removing dissolved minerals, such as the 1,000 pounds of Epsom Salt that is in our pod!
Ozone treatment also leaves zero odor, and reverts to pure oxygen, leaving no trace.
The sun is nothing short of incredible, and the power of its ultraviolet rays are no exception. Bacteria, viruses and molds, have a very low tolerance for UV rays.
UV works to purify by damaging cellular DNA—when anything undesirable in the pod meets these purifying rays, they are destroyed. UV treatment protects against viruses (including Hepatitis, which is resistant to chlorine), molds and bacteria.
No chemicals are needed and no byproducts or odors are left behind, leaving our water clean and fresh.